This masterclass will get you feeling confident with all things zips and zippers. Perhaps you’ve been sewing a while and avoided zips because you fear they’ll be tricky, or maybe you’ve tried once or twice but don’t feel like you’ve got the technique right, this targeted, friendly class with our knowledgable teacher will help you build your confidence with demonstrations and hands-on practice.
All materials are included and our demos and samples will be prepped for you in advance so you can concentrate on mastering your zips! You’ll leave with your finished samples and a helpful printed guide.
You will learn
- How to insert a centred standard zip
- How to insert a concealed/invisible zip
- How to insert a lapped zip
- How to insert an exposed zip
- How to insert a zippered pocket into bags and projects
- How to choose the size of zip and finish the ends of a zip depending on your project, eg with facings or zipper tabs
- How to shorten zips depending on your project
The class includes expert instruction, use of our Janome machines, tools, threads and zips etc. Masterclass guide, plus tea, coffee and biscuits!
YOU NEED TO BRING
- Nothing, all materials are provided.
You need to be confident using a sewing machine to attend this class. You should be able to thread the machine, wind a bobbin and sew in a straight line without assistance.
Our classes are non-refundable so please make sure you’ve checked your diary carefully and read our Class FAQs before booking. These also cover lots of other questions so please do read them!
Please note you’ll receive a confirmation email upon booking and you’ll also receive a reminder email the week before your class. If you don’t receive these, please check your junk/spam folder.