Understanding Fabric Masterclass with Sheona
Join Sheona for a fun, informative and interactive 2.5 hour masterclass to help you understand the often confusing world of fabric!
Do you struggle to decide on how to match fabric to patterns and want to know what to look for when buying fabric online? We’ll demystify all of these, whilst letting you touch and feel a range of different fabric types and answer any questions you have about fabric.
This masterclass will cover
- Different types of fabrics, both woven and knit and the large range of fabrics in those categories.
- What the many different names and weights of fabrics mean and how they’ll affect your finished garment.
- What to look for when shopping for fabrics online and in person.
- You’ll receive a swatch book and reference guide of different fabric types.
- Q&A session answering all your fabric questions.
Sheona will share her broad knowledge of fabrics gained from being an experienced dressmaker, teacher and fabric shop owner so that you never again have to feel confused when fabric shopping!
The class includes expert instruction, handy fabric guide and swatch selection plus tea, coffee and biscuits (our evening sessions will have wine!).
YOU NEED TO BRING
Nothing, everything is included! If you’d like to bring a pattern you’ve been struggling to choose fabric for, or a fabric you’re struggling to match a pattern to, you’re welcome to do so.
Complete Beginner and Up
Our classes are non-refundable so please make sure you’ve checked your diary carefully and read our Class FAQs before booking. These also cover lots of other questions so please do read them!
Please note you’ll receive a confirmation email upon booking and you’ll also receive a reminder email the week before your class. If you don’t receive these, please check your junk/spam folder.