Fit Clinic – Small group fitting-focused masterclass
Are you struggling to nail the fit of the clothes you sew yourself? Understand the construction techniques but can’t get the fit right? These small, focused Fit Clinics may be just what you need.
Each clinic is 3 hours long and run by our studio owner and experienced fitting teacher Sheona. There are only 3 students on each clinic so you can really get in-depth tuition, whilst still benefiting from the social aspect and learning in a small group.
These clinics are tailored to the students who book onto them, we will send you a short form prior to the class so that Sheona can tailor the session to the needs of the 3 individuals and make sure everyone gets the help and support they need.
These are just some ideas on what the session could cover, but as above, it will be tailored to you:
- Having an experienced seamstress take accurate measurements in the right places!
- What flat pattern adjustments to make to the next pattern you want to sew.
- You’ve got a toile or a garment you’ve sewn that just doesn’t fit right, but you don’t know why.
- You experience the same fitting issue again and again but don’t know how to fix it.
- You’re trying to draft your own blocks but are stuck.
- You’ve been on a class and put into practice what you’ve learnt but you need some more guidance.
Our sewing classes are relaxed and friendly, taking place at our beautiful studio at Holme Grange Craft Village in Wokingham, Berkshire.
The class includes expert instruction in a small group, tailored to your needs. Use of our Janome machines, tools, threads, pattern paper etc and of course tea, coffee and biscuits!
YOU NEED TO BRING
You’ll need to bring the pattern or project you want help with if you have a specific issue you want support with. We will confirm what to bring once we’ve received your pre-session form and know what you want help with. All machines, tools etc are provided.
Our classes are non-refundable so please make sure you’ve checked your diary carefully and read our Class FAQs before booking. These also cover lots of other questions so please do read them!
Please note you’ll receive a confirmation email upon booking and you’ll also receive a reminder email the week before your class. If you don’t receive these, please check your junk/spam folder.